Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Day 210 Nov 05 Mon - Parking Rest Camp after Provins to City Centre Camp in Maisons Alfort

Found a campsite in the heart of a city
Sharing the camp with another homeless
A bad day not only on the broken chain but the rice too
This is the place where the chain gave way
Cleaning and fixed the chain

Today's Distance:69 km
Today's Temp:7 - 15°c
Average Speed:15.6 max: 46
Time on Bike:4 hr 23 min
Average climb:2% max: 8%
Trip Altitude:215 m max: 130 m
Today's spending:16.35 eur
Total Distance to date:13683 km
Total spending to date:505.37 eur

My bike chain broke again for the 2nd time after crossing a pedestrain path just 10 km more to Paris. When I cleaned up the chain and did a close inspection, every links to the chain were badly worn out! What you expect after covering close to 14k km . I am undecided now whether to continue riding after Paris, Will the chain last for another 400 km to London? ????? To replace a new chain here ( 2 sets for recumbent) ,will be very much more expansive than in Malaysia which I don't think I want to do that. Maybe tomorrow morning to do a complete service and adjustment on the chain . Anyway I have enough spare links to last until London. How lucky in a way , I still managed to spot a camp site in the middle of a city surrounded by high speed train and cars , a spot also sharing with another begger who seemed not very happy with me in his so called "territory"

No comments: