Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Day 206 Nov 01 Thu - Road Junction Camp in Heming to Stoney Camp in Nomeny

Stoney camp in Nomeny

Broken chain link at 50 km mark
Watched by the 3 cows as I fixed the chain


Morning sun of shadow riding

Today's Distance:70 km
Today's Temp:6 - 15°c
Average Speed:17.2 max: 61
Time on Bike:4 hr 28 min
Average climb:3% max: 11%
Trip Altitude:589 m max: 311 m
Today's spending:4.45 eur
Total Distance to date:13333 km
Total spending to date:445.32 eur

A broken chain at the 50 km mark spoiled otherwise a very smooth sailing ride on the country Rd of D955 in the region of Parc de Lorraine. It took me a solid 2.5 hr to fix the problem. The ride started quite late at 11 am (overslept). Decided to detour slightly northwest , in between two big towns of Nancy and Metz. Fot the first time, I did not face direction problem. Very less traffic and hard to find shops in small towns like
Maizieres,Bourdonnay,Chateau-Salins,Aulnois-Sur-Seille and finally set up tent almost dark in Nomeny. When I laid my ground sheet, only to discover that it was full of little stones, where else can I go in the dark!

No comments: