Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Day 153 Sept 09 Sun - Village Icy-tap Camp 15km to Cide - Mountain Peak Camp 40km to Bartın

Abandoned bricks & wooden houses
Mountain peak camp
Long coastline with strong and high wave in Cide


Top view of Cide town
At the town roundabout



Today's Distance: 64km
Today's Temp: 16 - 24c
Average Speed: 10.3 max: 55
Time on Bike: 6 hr 09 min
Average climb: 7% max: 19%
Trip Altitude: 1471m max: 447m
Today's spending: 6 ytl
Total Distance to date: 9903km
Total spending to date:334.45 ytl




I was beaten twice again by the steep slopes and had to get down to push. The slopes were just too steep for my tired legs especially so at the bent corners. The weather is getting very cold and I had to put on another layer. At night to sleep with my thick sleeping bag. Cide town has a very long coastline but the sea waves were just too strong and high for anyone to go near. Campsite was at the top of the peak at 413m high.It has been 7 days of wild camping since Samsun.Tomorrow I should be in a big town called Bartin.I badly need to cash out my traveller cheque,I'm left only with 20 ytl as you can see I spent little for the past 3 days, to recharge my camera batteries, to stay in an otel which accept visa card and of course 8 days of journals to update in Internet.

No comments: