Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Day 152 Sept 08 Sat - Pine Forest Camp 2km to Doganyurt - Village Icy Tap Camp 15km to Cide

Village icy-tap camp next to the road
I want to remember this man.....why?
Because he brought me all these.....

Another type of fruit with a sweet aroma of wine

Self-timer shot
Another hill top rest
The valley where the town is


Doganyurt town

Not many of these wooden house left,many were built now in concrete
Doganyurt from another side of the hill


Today's Distance: 64km
Today's Temp: 20 - 26c
Average Speed: 9.9 max: 47.5
Time on Bike: 6 hr 25 min
Average climb: 6% max: 30%
Trip Altitude: 1569m max: 466m
Today's spending: 6 ytl
Total Distance to date: 9839km
Total spending to date:328.45 ytl


Yesterday the thunderstorm only came with thunder but no storm,another lucky day no wet tent to carry.Today's ride registered the most altitude climb 1569m,the most ave climb 6% and also the steepest climb of 30% ( pushing of course). It required lots of gears change and I was caught a few times on downhill with my mid gears ration of 2x8,then the road suddenly went steep climb after the corners and it needed a low gear ration of 1x2. I had to stop ,make a u-turn to correct my gears ratio,forcing might caused the chain to snap. I am glad so far the bike stood up well against all odds. The highlight for today was being offered lots of fruits, tomatos , onions, cucumbers,grapes and a big nan bread from a village old man, who often came to my tent to see whatelse he can give. The next morning he came to say good-bye to me and I took a picture of him so that I won't forget to remember such a nice man.

3 comments:

Xiao Wong said...

From the leave, you can tell,
it is a kind of pear.

Thighland Meng said...

Xiao wong,
Inside the fruit,a brown juicy tiny seed is what make this fruit so special

Xiao Wong said...

I could be wrong, just from the photo, the leave and the shape of the fruit tells you it is a pear.
Pear also has small seeds (like apple's), but when you have "juicy" seed), I give up. Maybe you could find out next time when you shop in their open market.
Thank you.
Ya, people from tropical country really open their eyes when they see different kinds of fruits: pear, plum, necterine, cherry, apricot, all sort of berries...