Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Day 149 Sept 05 Wed - Sinop Marti Camp to Mountain Vıew Camp 8km after Ayancik

My tent set about 10m lower than the road and this abandoned house
On a flat grass land and a beautiful mountain view
With this taps to bathe and wash
The junction - rıght goes coastal,left goes inland . I took the rıght one
Abandoned house view from the road

Padi field almost ready for harvest
The road is getting rougher, narrow and more remote
The road is built mostly 100m above sea and could goes high to 500m
A construction on the river bed as view from my camp
Wild grapes ,the purple in color are riped



Today's Distance: 61km
Today's Temp: 22 - 35c
Average Speed: 11.6 max: 66.5
Time on Bike: 5 hr 10 min
Average climb: 4% max: 14%
Trip Altitude: 974m max: 307m
Today's spending: 16.6 ytl
Total Distance to date: 9652km
Total spending to date:301.55 ytl




I had the option again whether to continue with the coastal road to Bartin or Zonguldak or go inland to Boyabat or Kastamonu tomorrow cos' the junction just in front of where I set up my tent. The ride on coastal road is getting harder with very steep climbs,I really felt tired even my lightest gear was stressed to the limit and that not good to the chain.But the inland road also have high pass of 1330m as shown from the map. That means I am surrounded by mountains! Either way I had to be at my best to face the challenge.So my friends out there.Keep following my blog,the days ahead are getting more and more interesting....


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Was that Meng's `sweet sour sausage' special minus the tomato sauce? And...by the way, keep flexing those muscles and you can definitely win Mr Malaysia very soon! Wooohooo! Happy trails to you, Meng.

Anonymous said...

Hi Meng,

Nice to hear that you are safe, sound and muscular. Just to let you know that Ramadan is starting soon, dont know whether shops are open or food available in the daytime in Turkey.

Ramadan in Singapore and Malaysia? ....I think there's more food all day at the markets!

Ride well, eat well and camp well! Paris is on the horizon!

Best regards, Chris Wee

Vincent thum said...

Hi there Mr. SS 19,
Wow, you have a solid body after almost 5 months on the road. By the way, and out of curiosity, who snapped all those nice photos of yours since you are travelling on your own. One of your top secret companion(s)perhaps....hehehe...

Take care and safe journey...
Cheers...........

Thighland Meng said...

adeline,
Thanks for the comment. I need to put on weight again when back home with all my normal foods of chay kuai teow , roti canai , nasi lemak,asam laksa, and of course teh tarik

Thighland Meng said...

Vincent,
My camera has self-timer.

Thighland Meng said...

Chris,
Thanks for the alert, so far no problem , I ate what they have!

Xiao Wong said...

Meng,
The fruit you have on photo is called blackberry. Very commom in Canadian bush.
It is edible, kind of sour and sweet, very good to make jam with.
Xiao Wong

Xiao Wong said...

If you check in Google with Blackberry, u know what u will get.
Many listings with blackberry message devices in black! If you look further, u will find a photo of real blackberry exactly like the one you have.
Actually blackberry message tool was first developed and made popular in Canada where blackberry is very common in the bush. They first called them strawberry as the keys are so small like berries, then change to blackberry. They are still all in black, any other colour yet?