Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Day 148 Sept 04 Tue - Yakakent Seaview Camp to Sinop Marti Camping

Homecooked dinner - rice, bananas, cucumber,choklot puding
Meng's Special - sausage,onion,tomatos,chili power,salt and add a cup of water.Ready in 15 min
Wide open space but millions of mosquitoes

Family pinic

Good to take a rest from the ride and go for the swim
Public facilities at the beach
Thinking back - I am now into 148 days of cycling.How much zest left in me to complete the mission?
Am I look more muscular now?
View of Sinop town

Water tap found many along the road
Emergency call 156
ups and downs of the road cut thru' the mountain slopes




Today's Distance: 76 km
Today's Temp: 24 - 36c
Average Speed: 11.8 max: 60.5
Time on Bike: 6 hr 25 min
Average climb: 4% max: 10%
Trip Altitude: 1269m max: 516m
Today's spending: 15 ytl
Total Distance to date: 9591km
Total spending to date:286.95 ytl






Coastal road doesn't FLAT & EASY! What I experienced was a very mountainous sea view road,luckily I have my full gears restored earlier in Trabzon.The terrain and sceneryıes were spectacular. One moment you were at the top of the hill and next minute you find yourself down to the bottom at sea level,and this goes on and on... For the 1st time in Turkey I was stopped by the police patrol car." Welcome to Turkey" was the very 1st word from them "Do you speak English?" "Yes,I do ,I'm from Malaysia" I replied getting ready to show my passport. " Be very careful and keep to the side" at the same time checking whether my bike have any reflectors. They did not bother to ask for my passport.Really friendly and helpful unlike the Russian. Another highlight was having my first swim in the Black Sea.From one of the downhıll,suddenly in front of me,a long stretch of beautiful bluish green beach,no golden sand but stones formed in very different shape,smooth and some round flat like pancake. The beach also have wooden tables, chairs and beds for sunbath. The sea water was cool and not that salty,I spent almost an hour, sad to leave but ride has to continue. I saw the advertisement signboard - Marti Camping. Why not,let's go for it! Thinking if too expensive,FORGET IT! Following the sign direction,I rolled down about 4 km to the camping site but was rather disappointed at the facilities,quite rundown with a few big tents only for show. I managed to bargain from 10 to 5 ytl! The restaurant was empty,not a problem for me as I preferred home cooked. But the mosquitoes were unbearable,million of them ,very very fierce with long sharp needle to penetrate even the shirt & pant,most probably the worst mosquitoes camp I ever experienced.The only plus point was the hot shower,real good and clean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Meng,
I read your blog, as if it were my own journey. Being alone is ok, being together is more fun, I think. If I were you, I would post, anybody want to join me on my tour to Paris? Then you have company again.

take care and have a good ride!
Bernd
P.S.: May I place your link on my website?
www.bike-europe-ultralite.com