Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Day 150 Sept 06 Thu - Mountain View Camp 8km After Ayancik to Rock Cliff Camp 5km to Abana

This man brought some bbq fish and bread to my tent
my tent set almost on the edge, but full of rubbish

I walked almost to the edge to take this picture - scary


Looking from the top .my tent on the right
Beautıful rock formation



Rockcliff viewed from the road
Mountainous coastline



Road workers Turkeli town

Smart kids of Turkeli




Today's Distance: 63km
Today's Temp: 24 - 32c
Average Speed: 12.4 max: 62
Time on Bike: 5 hr 15 min
Average climb: 5% max: 13%
Trip Altitude: 615m max:407m
Today's spending: 16.9 ytl
Total Distance to date: 9715km
Total spending to date:318.45 ytl


Yes! I opted for the coastal road again. Not really along the sea,the road sometimes went inland to the mountain 5-6 km from the sea and that's where the steep climb started, narrow & winding passing thru' small villages,then you enjoyed a long downhill back to sea level.The mountain & sea views were more & more beautiful.Old people like to gather in tea stalls where I often got invited to join them. Tried to cash out my 100 euro travellers cheque in Turkeli but was unsuccessful cos' the bank don't has the specimen to refer. A group of small kids were thrilled at my arrival,they followed me to everywhere even to the bank.They are smart kids and never tried to annoy me. My campsite was on a flat grass land with a walk-up view of a beautiful rock cliff.

No comments: