Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Day 147 Sept 03 Mon - Samsun to Yakakent Sea Vıew Camp

Father & daughter offered bread and drinks to my tent
Sea view from another corner
Enjoying the sunset at sea level
No mosquitos but plenty of fresh air
Daily routing of write up but with a comfortable table & chair

Drying of tobacco leave
A nice campsite but too early

The young and sweat ladies are shy, only the old ones are daring....

Turkish kids are always fascinated with my bike
Guess how many windows that you can count from this house?
Fermented rice wrapped in leaf packed in a can ( often a surprise once you open the cover)
I love this fruit called izim , just peel the skin,taste like jelly very sweet
Thıs man offered watermelon and izim
Green tobacco leafs under sun bath


Today's Distance: 101km
Today's Temp: 24 - 36 c
Average Speed: 16.6 max: 64.5
Time on Bike: 6 hr 05 min
Average climb: 2% max: 9%
Trip Altitude: 457m max: 253m
Today's spending: 3.3 ytl
Total Distance to date: 9515km
Total spending to date:271.95 ytl



I was in 2 minds about which road to go,yesterday undecided. The 2 options were :
1) Follow the inland road D795 ,heavy trafic,shorter distance,3-4 high passes to climb ( 600-1000 m)
2) Follow the coastal road D010 to Sinop,longer in distance,more scenic and less traffic.
I decided to take the option 1 at the junctions but I changed my mind after 1 km and turned back for option 2. The sudden change I think must be coming from my six sense. The road though narrow but the sea views were more scenic than the earlier stretch,people were more friendly,often I saw " invitation wave" to join them for cai. I was offered free watermelon and a nice turkish fruit called Izim. They are mostly farmers growing tobacco,corn,tomatos,big red chili. Many good campsite here with public water taps . I love my campsite today as I can feel the sea breeze blowing ,a comfortable table and chair just in front of my tent ,very refreshing & relexing, whatsmore with a cup of hot black coffee as I completed my daily journal write-up.



2 comments:

Xiao Wong said...

Hi Meng, good to see u are back.

The fruit u like I believe is called fig, in Chinese "wu hua guo" 無花果, in Turkish "incir" or "giyim" (ask them to say correctly for you)??. The fruit is very common in the Middle East, Turky, Greece, Italy..

Thighland Meng said...

xiao wongş
Thanks for the info , you really great to know the names of all fruits.