Saturday, August 25, 2007

Day 137 Aug 24 Fri - Confirmed Ferry Ticket to Trabzon ,Turkey

Our 90 usd room in Hotel Moscow
A balcony where we park our bikes and cooked
Banners and logos seen on the street
one of the favorite spot to take photo

Immigration building at the seaport
Russia post

Mac Donald outlet ,the 1st I seen in Russia
Ticketing office on ferry to Trabzon

Today's spending: 3572 rur
Total Distance to date: 9036 km
Total spending to date: 9691 rur


Yes! our ferry to Trabzon Turkey is confirmed!!!! Leaving tomorrow 25th Aug at 1800hr ,expected to arrive next morning. Ticket cost for non-sleepper seat is 1460 rur or 45 usd ,no charge for the bikes. Back to hotel to extend stay for another nite . My visa card was being used sucessfully for the 1st time. There is an internet inside the Hotel lobby with super fast speed especially fast for uploading photos. Checkout time 12 noon, so that means we will have 3-4 hr of waiting time to continue updating our blog to bring you the latest. See you in Turkey....

2 comments:

kayowe said...

Hello Meng,

I have been following your trek since the beginning. (I am a friend of a friend of Heather's). Even here in California, USA we know of your adventures and mis-adventures. I shall continue to search your BLOG for updates - even after early September when Heather returns to Australia. This has been a wonderful journey for you all, and a great journey for those of us who follow you.

fondly,

kathy o (California, USA)

Thighland Meng said...

kathy o
Thanks for followıng my blog. Heather might take a bus from Trabzon to Istanbul. I will be on my own then. I am enjoying myself here in Trabzon and can't wait to start pedalling.