Saturday, June 30, 2007

Day 70 Jun 18 Mon - Akqa to Sanchakou











Today's Distance: 106km

Temp:20 - 30 c
Average Speed: 15.1
Time on Bike: 7 hr 04 min
Ave climb: ?
Trip altitude max: 1119m
Today's spending: 30 rmb
Total Distance to date: 4808km
Total spending to date:4466 rmb


Today's ride is most pleasent,smooth,relex,enjoyable and ots of goodies. Started 8.30am with few biscults & tea( nothing to eat in Akqa anyway). Morning weather was good with slight tailwind.The bike is so smooth after serviced yesterday.Hardly an hour on the road,I was offered rockmelons and a huge Uyghur's nan bread by a chinese Han Mr Li who was driving alone from Korla to Kashi. He wanted to give me a life to Kashi when he knew I also going there,probably he felt pity on me with this heavy awful looking bike cycling under hot sun.but I have to say no as I explain this is my hobby as long my bike and me is ok,I will ride! Later, 2 army trucks stop by the side offered me again rockmelons and 2 minerals water, they are from the Tanker units on their way to a training camp. Pity photos was not allow. And then a nice Sichuan restauran appeared in an unexpected town not shown on map for a very satisfactory lunch stop. Pork fried with potatos onions,red cili,3 bowls of rices with again free rockmelons to wash the mouth.About 1 km to Sanchakou,I met this Han hawker near the public toilet where most of the express buses stop.He asked me to stay in his guesshouse for 5 yuan,the cheapest so far. It is really clean with wall fan. With so many goodness,I slept very very good tonight...

No comments: