Saturday, June 30, 2007

Day 63 Jun 11 Mon - Wulasitai to Hejing

Railway track thru the hills
Hejing walking street Lamb or beef skewer every where in Xinjiang
Hotel stay in Hejing
People were fishing at the river

On the way to Korla after about 60 km of gravel now the road better from Balguntay

Rest stop at Balguntay for a bowl of beef noodles

Today's Distance: 99km

Temp: 14 - 30c
Average Speed: Cyclometer faulty
Time on Bike: 5 hr 23 min
Ascent: ?
Trip altitude: 71m max:2576m
Today's spending: 52 rmb
Total Distance to date: 3954km
Total spending to date:4147 rmb


Today another breakdown on my VDO cyclometer after abt 14.7km on the road. I guess one of the wire was broken in the cable when I was chased by a fierce dog from behind all of the sudden,when I heard the barking,turn back my head I can see the long sharp white teeths abt 1 meter near me, while defending myself the bike fell awfully. When I lift up the bike handle I did not realise that the handle bar was totally in a 360 degree twist. The gravel road continues until Balguntay and I am glad the road becomes good again. For the yesterday and today, we survived thru' 60 km of rough gravel road. My schwallbe tyres ,TT spokes and racks have passed the test.We had lunch in Balguntay ordered beef noodles, smooth rides from here to Hejing.I bought a new mirror ( 10 yuan ) and sunglass ( 5 yuan ).But my cyclometer still down as the shop say he don't have a spare sensor to replace.

No comments: