Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Day 196 Oct 22 Mon - Salzburg to River Inn Camp in Wasserburg ( Germany)



Rode into Germany' bike lane via Freilassing

I had to warm up the camera batteries in my sleeping bag overnight to take this morning picture of the campsite , managed to take only 2 shots
On the way to Traunstein, heavy snowed yesterday

6" thick snow at the side of the road


Today's Distance: 100 km
Today's Temp: 1 - 5°c
Average Speed: 17.5 max: 52
Time on Bike: 5 hr 42 min
Average climb: 2% max. 10%
Trip Altitude: 640 m max: 660 m
Today's spending: 12.38 euro
Total Distance to date: 12669 km
Total spending to date:263.12 euro

Guessed the mother nature has answered to my prayer as I woke up to a calm,clear morning,no rain and not snowing , I felt good and raring to get on the bike even though the temp still maintained at a low 3 - 5 °c. Thanks to a very positive moral boosting comment
I read from Bernd, a stern supporter to my blog " There is no bad weather, only bad clothing!"So with more and appropriate clothing on, I shall make it to Paris! Started at 10am after a very full breakfast,sneaked in my jacket 2 packed sandwiches and 2 boiled eggs,made no notice on that warning sign" No packed Lunch". Freilassing,the very first German town
crossed without any custom or passport needed. The next town of Traunstein obviously has been hit by bad snow yesterday as seen from the thick snow at the sides of the road. Couldn't take anymore pictures in Chieming and Seebruck near the Chiemsee,so frustrating that the spare batteries went flat again even though they were fully charged yesterday in the hostel.The ride came to a bigger Rd 304 at Rabendan, there was no snow here, this road will go all the way to Munich. At Wasserburg where I spotted a good campsite after the bridge near the River Inn. Tomorrow hopping for another good day to Munich , 55km away...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SuperMeng ,
As Karen said, very true. Meng , you are real hero , as you used to say - I HATE COLD .
Look at you now , A SuperHero.
Take care Meng,your smiles bring tears of joy to me.

terence foo