Sunday, October 21, 2007

Day 193 Oct 19 Fri - Deserted Insel Camping to Snowing Salzburg

Today's Distance: 51 km
Today's Temp: 4 - 10°c
Average Speed: 15 max: 48
Time on Bike: 3 hr 22 min
Average climb: 3% max: 11%
Trip Altitude: 381 m max: 703 m
Today's spending: 49.80 euro
Total Distance to date: 12569 km
Total spending to date: 174.67 euro

Weather continued to be bad and rain the whole day. Stranded at the Insel camping due to heavy rain and only able to ride under dizzying rain at 11.40am . From Attersee to yet another lake of Mondsee , this was the place that the great movie film" The Sound of Music" made as told by Karen. The ride was interrupted many times by the rain. can't imagine now I am cycling in this extreme cold weather , not in my plan anyway! 10 km to Salzburg , it started snowing when I was on the climb. But unfortunately I couldn't take any photo today as all my 4 rechargeable batteries were flat as I realised that the 2 spare batteries have not been charged for a week. Managed to locate the Youth & Family Hostel for 19 euro a night. Hopefully tomorrow's weather will be good for a sightseeing tour on this beautiful Mozart city....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Meng,
I read your blog every day. Winter is coming (faster than you expect!)I don't want to scare you, but..it will be very cold, colder than you may expect.

Anyway I wish you a good and safe ride to Paris. Do you know where you will be coming through in Germany?
Bernd

Thighland Meng said...

bernd, thanks for your support. I am taking the Munich way to Paris and see how the weather goes.

kayowe said...

Stay strong, Meng. We follow you still - here in California, USA.

Anonymous said...

ah ming chai, wat lah you, the other malaysian guy when to space also come back aredi lah...ha..ha...he naik rocket, u naik basikal...of cos lah...weather is veri cool..so drink oh kaw, ok...hope u boleh...malaysia boleh...