Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Day 195 Oct 20 Sun - A Day of Uncertainty in Salzburg

Saw these 2 "just married" in the hostel basement where I parked my bike

Chinese restaurant meal cost 14 euro in Salzburg





A statue of the Mozart in the tourist centre

Today's Temp: 3 - 8°c
Today's spending: 40.70 euro
Total Distance to date: 12569 km
Total spending to date:250.74 euro

" To train or to bike?...To train or to bike?..." I was really in a crossroad of 2 conflicting minds. From the hostel, train station is on my left and on my right is the chilly cold way to Munich. A strong and energetic physical over a somewhat deteriorating mental strength.The overnight train ticket from Salzburg to Paris cost 137 + 20 euro for the bike,rather expansive,but I haven't make up my mind yet,just to KIV.Extended another day in the hostel,hopping that the weather will be kind to allow me to complete my mission at least to Paris if not London.I am really keeping my fingers crossed! Like I said and I am saying it again - To take a train is the last thing that I want to do!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The suspense is killing me!

Glad to see you make an update, we were tempted to drive out to Salzburg to rescue you :).

Karen and the Curly Horses

Thighland Meng said...

Thanks Karen. I am ok and now in Munich, no snow here only shower rain. no problem for me to bike at 1 - 6 °c as long as the wind stay calm and no snow.

Anonymous said...

Super Meng :)

Karen