Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Another press conference with 3 different newspapers

This press conference was held on 2 Apr at Dr Wong Sai Hou Clinic IN SS3 PJ .Thanks Datok n his wife Jennifer& others.The 3 medias attended are Chinese dailies: Nanyang & China while The Star represented English. I was rather disappointed there was no Malay media. Here is a Malaysian, riding a recumbent ( a laidback front pedalling bicycle not heard or seen by many Malaysians),15000km across 2 continents Asia n Europe covering 15 countries.We had seen many Mat Sallehs done this b4 from newspaper reports or internet. So I am proud as a Malaysian,trying to prove the world. If I fail, there is no shame..... so its my sincere hope that all Malaysians regradless of colours, races n religions will rally behind me, give me a hand ,a little push while I battle on......

I,d like to thank Association of Backpacker Malaysia (ABM) for a cool Rm2000 sponsor as part of my mission expenditures.

6 comments:

Stanley said...

All the best & have a good journey ahead.

Remember to keep a journal....who knows, maybe you can come back & write a book about your adventure.

Ah Meng memang Boleh!

:)
stanley

Anonymous said...

I am envy of you having the opportunity to perform this adventure.Yes you should write a book on the adventure.Take lots of photos of people you meet, those who help you along the route, their festivals,their way of life and relaxation, their customs, markets, schools, religous buildings etc.At night, note down important points and if possible email them (photos, notes, maps, routes) to your trusted ones in Malaysia for safe keeping otherwise if the camera, memory cards or device you carry with you are stolen and all your efforts will go down the drain.Shoot the photos in highest or second highedt resolution in your camera settings.Shoot more on kampung scenes, minimise well known buildings & sceneries. Back in Malaysia, edit the photos and notes and publish your adventure in books and the sale proceeds would probably pay back the sponsors and supporters.I am very sure the book is going to be very interesting.By the way, is there anyway we can view photos of your ride in Europe last year?

Anonymous said...

Wah! Such a BIG CHALLENGE!
All The Best to U.
MENG BOLEH!

From Niky (KL)

Thighland Meng said...

Stan, 2nd comment fr u good . I like to see lots of it. this will definately gives me the Ohmmp to make this blog more interesting! writing book? never cross my mind !

Thighland Meng said...

Lam,take lots of photos yes, but writes a book , i am not good , perhaps u can you me out on this. I will take your advice . for Euro bike photos,if u really interested, i had make into a dvd,try contact me at year end ,ok?

Thighland Meng said...

Niky,tks