Monday, November 19, 2007

Overall B2P / P2L and List of casualties

1. Total no. of Days : 218
2. Total no. of Ride Days: 169
3. Total no. of Rest Days : 49
6. Total Money Spent (Rm) : 12547.30 ( excluding air tickets )
7. Ave Money Spent per Day : Rm 57.60
8. Total Ride Distance : 13980 km
9. Average Ride Distance per Day: 65 km
10. Highest Km Ride in a Day : 186 km on Day 68 (Kuqa to Aksu )
11. Longest Hour Ride in a Day : 9 hr 32 min on Day 32 ( Wuwei to Shuiquen zi )

List of Casualties:

1. One rear rim cracked due to downhill from 4280m on bad gravel . Replaced in Bishkek
2. One front rim cracked due to wear and tear. Replaced in London
3. One pair of front brake pads due to wear and tear.Replaced with spare
4. One crank bottom bracket due to wear and tear.Replaced in Astrakhan
5. One rear flat tire ( could not find the cause )
6. Two broken side mirrors due to bike fall
7. One bike stand ( buried in one of the campsite )
8. VDO cyclometer cable snapped due to chase by dog. Repaired in Kashi
9. Three broken pairs of sunglasses due to carelessness
10. Handle bar adjustment screw broken used tape temporary
11. Twice chain broken ,fixed with spare links
12. Lost one bottle ,still has one
13. Lost the rear red light
14. Lost my spectacle. Bought a new one in St Quen
15. MSR stove Pump cup worn out ,no spare
16. One front tire worn out . Replaced in London

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here a (silly) question: "Would you do it again?" And what would you do differently?

Anonymous said...

You can plan your next big one- from the most southern tip of South America to Alaska(Northern most of the North America, then cross the sea to Siberia,Russia, then ride one more time to Paris,(Add in Africa if you are keen) you almost cover the major part of the world and the biggest ride of in the history. Apply into the
Guiness book of record, you may be the only person to do that.

Take care and we will celebrate when you come back.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting numbers,you can be very proud on them!Take good rest,see you at KL.

Thighland Meng said...

bernd,
I don't know whether I would do it again but I would prefer some place where I have never been like Canada/America or South America but will think twice for Africa.It has been a wonderful journey, you faced some goods and also some bads,thats were all part of the game. For those who wants to do it but gave yourself too many excuses,can only dreams on...

Thighland Meng said...

brane,
looking forward to meet you in klia,make sure you wear a name tab.

Vincent thum said...

Hello there Mr. Meng,

All TTK members salute you for bringing us joys and excitements for the last 200 over days. Hope it will not be long for another great one soon yah.

Enjoy yourself in London and another 10 more days to go, we will be celebrating your great achievement back home.

Relax and go enjoy a game or 2 on the coming EPL matches in London. Take care....and see you soon.

So long for now....cheers brater.

Anonymous said...

Hi Meng,

Enjoying your rest after the long bike ride? I like your little summary of every country at the end... Good idea. Now I know what foods to try or not try if I ever go to any of those countries!

In reply to your question, I am studying a Chemical Engineering / Chemistry double degree at Curtin University, Perth, Australia, so I plan to be a chemical engineer when I graduate. Finished exams now so I am free! :D

Chi Fai

kayowe said...

When you visit America, you are welcome for a stop in San Diego, California.


kathy o

Anonymous said...

I will be at klia with ttk members.Have a good last week at London.

longdistancecyclist said...

Hello Thighland Meng !
First of all, many congratulations on completing a great trip Secondly a big thank-you for all that hard work sharing your trip with everyone on this blog. It is extremely useful and interesting. Last year I cycled from London to Sydney on a recumbent and I am now planning a ride around SE Asia. Are you still in UK? I live in Ascot and would really like to meet you to talk with you about your trip and get some advice.
Kind regards, Peter Dunning

Thighland Meng said...

chi fai,
At last you finished your exam,I am sure with your hard work , you will pass the exams with flying colours. So what's your plan,going for holidays or caving?

Thighland Meng said...

kayowe,
Would love to if the time come. pls email your contacts to me.

Thighland Meng said...

pdunning,
wow, London to Sydney. Sure we can meet to exchange cycling views. My flight home is on the 30th Nov. I am staying in Palmers Green sister's house. Pls email me how you want to meet? ( iragtcr2b@yahoo.com

kayowe said...

If you plan a trip to America and you start or stop on the West Coast, please let me know. You could have a place for a hot shower and a semi-homecooked meal. I feel as if I have gotten to know you while reading about your journey these past few months. (I have a friend in Australia who is a friend of Heather's; that's how I found you originally.) Also others here have been reading about your adventures, too.

Pin said...

This is Pin, stayed in PJ, Kuala Lumpur. Can I catch you for a meal and I wish to get some advise from you for my Europe bike tour. You can visit my Blog at www.WebsiteSolution.com

Pin
earnpin@gmail.com