Saturday, July 14, 2007

Day 93 Jul 11 Wed - Mosquito camp to Bishkek 140km by Car

Flat again
Finally ends of the crack rim story
Coffee break under the concrete cement wall to stop avalanche


Start of the climb

Lindsay from New Zealand
Getting ready with this 3 km tunnel rides
The downhill that I really missed

Today's Distance: 29km
Temp:5 - 26c
Average Speed: 7.0 max:33.5
Time on Bike: 4 hr 09 min
Ave climb:5% max: 14%
Trip altitude: 850m max:3199m
Today's spending: 850m
Total Distance to date: 6257km
Total spending to date:5052 som




It was indeed another bad day for me that I had to flag down a car ,140km to Bishkek when the crack rim couldn't take the stress of the steep downhill. Heather will continue to ride with a New Zealand cyclist Lindsay whom we met on the climb. I will saty in Nomad's Home in Bishkek

to wait for her arrival in 2-3 days,also to e-mail if any changes to the plan. With less than 5 min, I was onto a car to Bishkek cost me 400 som plus 150 som to the Nomad's Home. My bike and all my panniors were tied on the roof with 6 adults including the driver. While sitting next to the driver who was speeding at 100kmh downhill. The downhill continued very steep while in the car.One way I am happy to hop on the car as it is too risky for my bike with crack rim,another way,I am sad to miss riding on this beautiful downhill with awful mountain scenery,the best according to Heather. Well, as I said earlier,safety always my number 1 priority!

No comments: