Saturday, July 14, 2007

Day 89 Jul 07 Sat - Kok-ber Village to Toktogul







Locals want to photo with my bike entering Toktogul
Bicycle parts stall in the Bazaar but no rim
Bazaar in Toktogul
Hotel stay in Toktogul 100 som each

Today's Distance: 75km
Temp:26 - 33c
Average Speed: 13.1 max: 58
Time on Bike: 5 hr 41 min
Ave climb: 4% max:11%
Trip altitude:847m 1118m
Today's spending: 195 som
Total Distance to date: 6085km
Total spending to date:3525 som




A very slow and careful ride today as I am quite worry abt my crack rim will last to Toktogul.Heather was quite happy to stay at the back so that she will know if I had a problem,and also she can take lots of pictures.I had to use my front brake most of the times on downhill to avoid further stress on the rear rim.About 40km to Toktogul , the lake was joined by the Naryn river,the road took a left turn over a bridge to the other side of the lake. Arrived at Toktogul at 5.30pm, my very first question is to ask for any bikeshop in town .We were given direction to go to the Bazaar.Managed to find the stall by Heather but the owner was not there. so we look for hotel and plan to comeback tomorrow morning.

No comments: