Thursday, May 3, 2007

Day 24 May 03 - Another day of rest in Yinchuan

A mosque for the local muslims to perform prayer and also for the tourist for 12 rmb to enter
Another city view from the Nammen square
Nammen Square with a poster of Mou sze Dong
Muslim women with their tudong
This clay pot of mix vege, small egg , tou foo and sausages with rice and tea cost only 5 rmb

This signboard will normally be our lookout when riding to town - real cheap 10 -15 rmb/person
Coal as fuel is more popular and cheap than gas
A young lady earn her living by repairing bicycles on the street
A unique sawing machine which I aslo saw in Hanoi
A very lively down full of shopping peoples in Yinchuan



Heather and I decided to have another day of rest in Yinchuan cos' past 4 days had been hectic cycling average of 100km daily. Time to allow our legs and muscles to rest,it's still a long long journey to go. Wandering around the town,a very big & modern city full of xtvt, shopping complexes crowded with colorfully dressed locals. I managed to cash out 200usd traveller cheque to rmb for 1526 rmb. I hope this shud be enough to cover until Urumqi. Hard time to buy a dvd plain disc here as the shops only sell cdr. Tomorrow ride will be going south and plan to stay in QingtongXia. See you all on my next update,bye!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Jiak Par Beh? Wah Lau Eh… Wa Chin Suka Lu Eh Siong, Jin Sui, Its seem you are doing OK! brater Meng. Photos are nicely taken. Thanks for the frequent updates. With such strong determination you should be able to complete the journey. TT Kakis.

Unknown said...

Hi Meng,

Though not been writing but been following yr updates. Checking how u doin & also yr progress. Great to know u're enjoying yrself & having fun. Important traits to keep those legs pedaling those mileage u're aiming for.

Many thanks for the lovely pictures & updates. Needless to say, continue yr 'enjoyable' journey!

Cheerz mate,
Don

zhangtyco said...

hi ming,
fo-yuh ! we r getting more good news and photo, brother.. you r like our discovery channel now...keep going and keep the update coming...i have inform most of my friends to follow your blog...hope you will get more support back home....take care..

Anonymous said...

Hi Meng,
Meng had enjoyed a lot o, especially accompany the china gals. Haha .. Everyday take the lamb, OK not? (if me, I die long time ady, pork pork pork(ba ku teh) ).

Meng, you needs “tea tarik” while resting but I think “tongkat ali” more useful then “tea tarik”? Haha

I waiting u back to Malaysia, n I will order 20 glass tea tarik for you. Good offer?? Then make sure u keep some china gal contact for me. Hahhaa (kidding)..

Best regard

Amos

Anonymous said...

Hi Meng,

zhangtyco is right - you are like our Discovery Channel! Some of your photos really remind me of my own trips to China...

A suggestion for you: it might be a good idea to convert your 'Total spending to date' into a base currency like Malaysian Ringgits or something soon or else when you go to other countries with other currencies it will be like RMBxxx + this currency + that currency etc... You understand what I mean?

Chi Fai

konhoong said...

Asalamualaikum Brater!!!!!! So your are in the muslim world ya?? Make sure you behave yourself, dont come home minus 1cm eh ... Dont order roti chanai with pork curry ok!!!!
I suggest you change your helmet with a skull cap. Probably you will get more free lunch......

Thighland Meng said...

Don,
glad to see your comment again.I will remember you while my legs continue to pedal.thanks!

Thighland Meng said...

zhangtyco,
Thanks for your good recommendation.I will not disappoint to many that spend time to visit my blog.

Thighland Meng said...

chi fai,
Don't worry! I will do the roundup and conversion to RM once I completed individual country.China is still long way to go.be patient,brater!