Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Day 21 April 30 - Village Head Camp to Guesthouse in Sambayang Zhan

Malaysia Flag flying high from East to West of China
House of the Village Headman allow us to camp in the compound
Inside the compound we pitched our tents
Camels spotted and pictures taken specially for our friends from wildcamel bicycle club in Datong
Another angle of sunset in Village Headman's house

Today's Distance: 124 km
Average Speed: 15.5 max: 51.5
Time on Bike: 7 hr 59 min
Ave climb: 2% max: 17%
Trip altitude: 766 m max: 1452 m
Today's spending: 33 rmb
Total Distance to date: 1227 km
Total spending to date: 1278 rmb

Another great day with 3 records in longest distance,time on bike and fastest speed. Despite a very strong wind started as early as 5.00am when we still sleeping in our tents. I was woke up by the shaking of the tent & the beating of my bags and cooking pots.The wind brought together with sand started to get into my tent thru the sides netting. Nothing can be done except to cover my whole body inside my sleeping bag. The nasty wing blowing from north to south and we are heading west, often you can see sandstorm in front of you. For the 1st time I spotted a few camels eating grass in a fencing,managed to take a picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Meng,

There was a report on CNA News about desert winds creating havoc in Beijing. Orange dust everywhere. Not good for anything electronic, especially digital camera lenses, motors and memory cards. I would 'ziplock' my camera in a dustorm!

Other than that, 'Happy Tailwinds!'

Chris Wee

Thighland Meng said...

Thanks for the info,Chris! I will heap your advice.