Thursday, November 15, 2007

Day 215 Nov 10 Sat - Camp 5km to Pontoise to Camp 2 km to Clermont

Back to the basic...... when your MSR stove failed to function
Starting the fire with my MSR petrol fuel

Camp 2 km to clermont

Today's Distance: 59 km
Today's Temp: 8 - 13*c
Average Speed: 15.3 max: 54.5
Time on Bike: 3 hr 49 min
Average climb: 2% max: 6%
Trip Altitude: 430 m max: 198 m
Today's spending: 24.14 eur
Total Distance to date: 13826 km
Total spending to date:658.02 eur

A day nothing went right!! I lost my spectacle yesterday,and then my MSR stove fuel bottle cannot be pressurised,suspected the pump cup worn out,can't read the instructions without my spectacle.Bought a new one in St-Quen for 19.9 eur.Precious time lost in searching for camping shops failed.To add salt to a miserable day, encountered very bad weather with shower rain almost the whole day,whats more even the wind wasn't in my favour.For the first time,I felt so helpless,so down and almost wanted to cry in the rain.Worried about the dinner tonight without my MSR stove,certainly one of my worst day! Perhaps the only consolation was I still managed to cook up a good and satisfactory dinner and hot coffee at the campsite by using the firewood around and to start the fire with my MSR petrol fuel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drink some wine, sleep and rest, tomorrow is another day!

Thighland Meng said...

bernd, I am not a wine drinker but i love coffee