Saturday, October 20, 2007

Day 191 Oct 17 Wed - High Voltage Cable Camp in Sierning to Karen's Farm Camp after Altmunster





Morning mist of 10m visibility

Gmunden Town on the Traunsee
Gmunden at the pier







Gmunden Zentrum



Rocky mt with the sunshine

Camping platz near the Truansee
Traunsee




Chinese tea and Thai instant noodle for breakfast. Thank you Karen
Broken screw ( handle bar stopper )
Couldn't get the broken screw out , tapped with screw as temporary stopper
Karen's horse grass land





Campsite behind the wooden store house suggested by karen to avoid the wind
Friendly Karen with her lovely Curly Horses


Thank you very much , Karen! for all the hospitalities


Today's Distance: 71 km
Today's Temp: 6 - 21°c
Average Speed: 14.9 max: 57.5
Time on Bike: 4 hr 43 min
Average climb: 3% max: 11%
Trip Altitude: 982 m max: 674 m
Today's spending: 29.28 euro
Total Distance to date: 12485 km
Total spending to date: 118.22 euro


Look like Salzburg has to wait for another day! Just too many hills with too many great scenery as well especially the Traunsee ( lake) towns of Gmunden and Altmunster with the rocky mountain on the other side of the lake.Absolute beauty! Started at 8.45 am, the morning mist was no better than yesterday about 10m visibility, quick risky as I was riding without a rear red flash light having lost mine way back in Kazakhstan. But I must salute the Austrian drivers whether trucks or cars drivers for their respect to the road cyclists, their patience to slowdown at the back to let the oncoming traffic to pass first before overtaking,a respect rarely seen on Asian drivers well at least in Malaysia.Met heinz from Innsbruck who stopped his car at the roundabout while I was checking the direction with the map, to say hello and invited me to stay in his house in Innsbruck. I'd love to stay in an Austrian's house but that will be in a week#s time. Having difficulties in finding a campsite and sky is getting dark at 6.30pm.Desparately rode into a small side road leading to a farm house , saw a cowgirl with a cowboy hat and a man busy with the horse."Hello, where are you from?"she has a very friendly smile " I am from Malaysia" as I parked my bike at the side " Would you mind if I put up a night here with my tent?" " Yes, Of course!" What a relief for me as I was really tired , cold and hungry ......










No comments: