Monday, September 17, 2007

Day 159 Sept 15 Sat - Sapanca Lake Vıew Camp - Bayramogul Camp 40km to Istanbul

Careful my friend up there .... I'm at the bottom....
Barren land camp at Bayramogul
View from the camp on the Sea of Marmara
Sometimes I had to do this to make it looked more difficult for the potential thief
Night scene over the Sea of Marmara and Istanbul

A ladder built across the highway railing for the conveinence of the people on both side and there were many of them - with compliment from the authority
Leisure road riders from Izmit
And this is a Team on their regular training. The Captain in white



Today's Distance: 98km
Today's Temp: 20 - 33c
Average Speed: 17.8 max: 55.5
Time on Bike: 5 hr 29 min
Average climb: 3% max: 18%
Trip Altitude: 664m max: 284m
Today's spending: 18.95 ytl
Total Distance to date: 10349km
Total spending to date:485 ytl




The traffic on the road was increasingly busy as I'm approaching a big city -Istanbul. There were speeding from behind both on my left & right.I was caught in the middle riding on the shoulder.A real torture ,not so much physically but mentally with deafening noises from the engines,horns and the carbon dioxide.Every little space is being used for something,finding a campsite is near impossible, I'm prepared for a hotel stay. By 5.30pm ,I realised that to find a camp or hotel ,I had to divert from the main road to a small town called Bayramogul , and my luck so far has been good, I saved the hotel money again on a piece of barren land with some trees for shade. And a sunset view on the Sea of Marmara .

No comments: