Sunday, September 2, 2007

Day 145 Sept 01 Sat - Tekkecoy Beach Camp to Samsun

Kitchen on the top floor at my disposal
Friendly hotel maids
My kettle plug wire is often too short for a high power point

Single bedroom with common toilet 15 ytl
The price I had to pay for this budget hotel- carry my bike up to the top 4th floor
A rare chance to witness the brave firemen at work. No casualty as I was told later
A nice decorated lift on both sides of the road for the disable
Top balcony where I parked my bike and drying my clothes

Adam on white shirt gave me 5 ytl and a business card to call him should I need help
Proton showroom in Tekkecoy - A surprise!!!!
Many,many houses built on the slope as flat land is very limited
At the water front in Samsun
This meal of a plate of salad and chicken potatos cost me 12 ytl ( 12xRm2.80 = Rm33.60)


Today's Distance: 24 km
Today's Temp: 22 - 34c
Average Speed: 13.8 max: 24.5
Time on Bike: 1 hr 42 min
Average climb: 2% max: 5%
Trip Altitude: 65 m max: 152 m
Today's spending: 29.90 ytl
Total Distance to date: 9414km
Total spending to date:227.55 ytl






A very short ride today of 24 km to a big town of Samsun. On the way out from the beach, I stop at a river and chat with three anglers to obtain some information of accomodation in Samsun and my targetted inland road. One of them by the name Adam gave me 5 ytl and a business card to call him should I faced any problem in Samsun. I also saw our national cars Proton on display in a showroom, models like Waja,Gen-2,Wira and a Lotus sport car Elise. I went in the office and told I am from Malaysia. They were surprised on my adventure and according to them Malaysian cars are well received in Turkey,but I don't want to disappoint them that so far I haven't seen any yet on the road!There are many budget hotels easily visible from far as you walked into the many small but crowded lanes in Samsun,after a few hunting around,I managed to get a cheap rate at 15 ytl in Star otel ,a single bedroom with common toilet but have to carry my bike up to 4th floor(top) via a steep spiral staircase. There was a wide top balcony where I parked my bike and a kitchen at my disposal. I had the rare chance to witness the firemen trying to put off the fire which broke out in one of the building. This served to remind me to be careful when cooking with my MSR stove in the hotel.






2 comments:

amidnightrider said...

Hello Meng.
I migrated from crazyguyonabike where I have been following your bike ride since April. I am capejohn over there.

I'll be along to finish the journey with you. It's too good not to.

See you around.

Andy said...

Meng..take care.Especially the scary part (man started rub....) in your comments..."Hope its not part of the adventure"...Best regards all here in M'sia (freescale)-Andy