Sunday, September 2, 2007

Day 144 Aug 31 Fri -Tunnel River Bridge Camp to Tekkecoy Beach Camp

Plants on the beach with torns on their leaf
Fishermen preparing to go out the sea in the evening
My tent big enough to hide my bike
A happy looking looking couple cameback even with very little catch
Rabbish load of flown-over at the beach

Camping as home for the homeless poor Turkish

Ship building and repair

Beach camp with a thrown matress as foot cleaner

Today's Distance: 116km
Today's Temp: 24 - 34c
Average Speed: 19 max: 40
Time on Bike: 6 hr 07 min
Average climb: 2% max: 10%
Trip Altitude: 172 m max: 210m
Today's spending: 13.15 ytl
Total Distance to date: 9390km
Total spending to date:197.65 ytl




Today's ride is specially dedicated to all Malaysian back home to celebrate National Day .On this day,I will normally join my cycling friends from Pedalphiles Cycling Club on a 3 days interstate ride.But now I am thousands miles away , a feeling of sadness while I peddaled on in Turkey - ALONE! I missed my cycling friends like : uncle Foo,Peter,Nabil,James Bak,Ivan & Annie ,William etc...etc.. Hope someone will send my best regards to everyone in PCC now on theır Interstate Ride from Ipoh to Penang. The ride today mostly inland about 3-4 km away from the sea,very flat and hot too as I am heading west ,the afternoon & evening sun directly on my face. The beach camp is 3 km from the main road in Tekkecoy. A beach not popular with the locals , dirty and full of rabbish from the sea. Many small plants with torns grown on their leaves, it really hurts when you kick or step on it. This place is quite safe,only fishermen were seen with their small boats, went out in the evening and back the next morning.As the beach is quite open, and to keep away from curious locals, I let my bike slept with me for the 1st time.