Sunday, September 2, 2007

Day 143 Aug 30 Thu - Seasıde Camp in Espiye - Tunnel Rıver Brıdge Camp 130km to Samson

Tunnel under brıdge camp

Double tunnels brıdge
Clear stream water
Wooden plank crossıng from the road to the camp



Tunnels with sufficient lighting and the road surface is really good no potholes to worry

Construction on a new bridge



Today's Distance: 110km
Today's Temp: 22 - 33c
Average Speed: 18.1 max: 59.5
Time on Bike: 6 hr 04 min
Average climb: 1% max: 6%
Trip Altitude: 540m max: 319m
Today's spending: 27 ytl
Total Distance to date: 9274km
Total spending to date:184.50 ytl




After yesterday's sexual harrasment,from now on I will have to be more careful where campsite is concerned,if I have the time and day light with many campsites to choose from. But one thıng for sure,I will comntinue to camp,where & when possible.Not only camping cut down a big junk of my expenditure, it is very much in my blood.No doubt you don't have the comfort of a soft bed or hot shower like home or Hotel ,camping is just another way of life style , full of satisfaction being with the nature. Today's campsite is a double bridges downhill after a series of tunnels. One of them is 3820m long and my speed was 40kmh. I set my tent under one of the bridge with a small stream of clear water,quite hidden no houses around the corners,only speeding traffics above. Also I changed to a new chrom mirror in Bulancak for 8 ytl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought of you as the bus went through those tunnels Meng - figured they looked fast, but didnt realise they'd be that fast.

Also impressed by how much camping there was all the way to Samsun.

Heather

brun13 said...

Bonjour Meng,

i am discovering your blog and your marvellous adventure.

When you will arrive in France, will you arrive from the south ? Then, you have a house, a bed and a familly waiting for you to have some reste.

Bonne chance,

thank you for sharing with us all the beautiness you are discovring during youtrip

Brun13

Enes said...

Hi biker, (I am sorry, i don't know your name)

Primarily I don't know a very vell english.

My name İs Enes. I love a bicycle anl I love a long traver by bike, like you. I am from Ordu in Turkey. İf only I can meet you and I can host in my house in Ordu.

İf you come here one day, please write my email adresse.

Maybe we are meet one day any one road.

Goodbye...

Enes Şensoy
bisikletcanavari@hotmail.com