Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Day 37 May 16 Wed - Another rest day in Jiayuquan

Our guesthouse in Jiayuquan nearly get "kick out" on the 2nd day stay

Internet in Jiayuquan
Motorised bicycles for sale in Jiayuquan


Today's spending: 58.60 rmb
Total spending to date:2175.0 rmb



Another day of good rest for further journey ahead.No cycling,no packing so I slept until 10 am.Went to town for lunch ordered fried rice with egg and a plate of pork rib fried with green chili.Hummm really good ,Heather and I finish eating nothing left. I straight went to internet to update my blog while Heather cycled to visit the Jiayuquan Fortress some 12 km away. We came back almost the same time at 4.30pm. While I am doing my bussiness in the toilet,an unexpected event happened,Heather told me the guesthouse Boss just came and returned 30 rmb asking us to leave cos' his guesthouse is not authorised to house foreigners,and he appologised for his workers' mistake. Not happy abt all this,we went to see the boss again. Not with intention to urgue, I had to dip deep into my tricks to sweet talk with him. We can't afford expensive hotel like other foreign tourists , we travelled with only our bicycle , our money is just enough to stay in such low cost accomodation and sometimes we had to camp to save money...so on...& ..on ...I can see some hope in the boss's face but he still need to call up his wife, the boss relay my story, his wife made a phone call in local langauge which I can't understand,after the call ,his wife told me in mandarin that " Ok we can stay tonight!" We overjoyed and quickly we returned back the 30 rmb to them.

No comments: