Friday, April 27, 2007

Day10 April 19 - Datong to Zouyun


Deep Fried Lamb Rib Mongolian Style - Best ever tested
Dusty and dirty with strong wing blowing
Zuoyun town roundabout
Welcome tower b4 entry to Zuoyun
Signboard often written in Chinese charactor


Bike accessaries at the club house
Picture taken at the front of the club house b4 riding to Yungang
Three sweet Chinese riders from Datong University
Group picture at the Yungang entrance





Today's Distance: 66.8km
Average Speed: 12.9 max:32.5
Time on Bike: 4 hr 40 min
Ave climb: 1% max:7%
Max Altitude: 1365
Today's spending: 30 rmb
Total Distance to date: 553.0km
Total spending to date:964.50 rmb






In Datong all good things comes to an end this morning when we had to bid farewell to our fellow cyclists from Datong Wildcamel club,they took the trouble to ride with us for 14 km to Yungang



we shake hands and hug one another! Everyones were sad. Once on the road,dust headwind & trucks continues to threaten us,at one stage I had to stop and turn my back to avoid the duststorm.However we had a wonderful lunch with deep fired lamb rib Mongolian style,mind you ,this the best lamb that i ever tested. At 5.30pm put up a nite at roadside guest house in Zuoyun cos' everyone look tired and the wing is looking more & more wild.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi

My name is Wen and I am a friend of your cousin Hoh Wing Chee.

I am based in Yunnan Lijiang and my 13 year-old son is spending the year end holiday with me. I am an avid cyclist(on trike) and we intend to cycle to Shangri-la and perhaps further north if weather permits. Otherwise we will head south towards Xishuangbana and Guilin.

My email address is wensiaw@pacific.net.sg and I can send you the photograph of my dogs pulling my trike.

Do call me if you are coming to Lijiang.