Friday, April 27, 2007

Day 16 April 25 - Guesthouse to guesthouse 10 km to Dongsheng

Guest house stay for normally 10rmb per person by the road side
Mongolian dome selling daily food staff
Patching a leak on the tube
The shop nearby kind enough to borrow me a basin of water to check the where the leakage
Lunch time always with rice - carbo loading

Today's Distance: 74 km
Average Speed: 10.4 max:51.5
Time on Bike: 7 hr 02 min
Ave climb: 3% max: 11%
Trip altitude: 1024 m max: 1511 m
Today's spending: 28.5 rmb
Total Distance to date: 918 km
Total spending to date: 1138.0 rmb


Rather unlucky day for me as I had my first flat tire since leaving Beijing and into my 16 days. It took me 20 min to change a new tube and also patch up the minor leak.I couldn't find the cause of it after checking the circumference of the tire. It could be from the torn of certain grass as we had been warned by the wildcamel not to park our bike near the side grass as the torn is very sharp and long. so far I havn't seen them yet. Today we rode the longest time of 7 hr 2 min but only covered 74 km is a clear reflection of a tough & hilly ride!

No comments: